Friday, March 7, 2008

Thing 7 - Web 2.0 Communication Tools


As a member of the training team for GRRL we've discussed a lot of these techniques as money saving devices. Our region is spead out over such a large area that a big portion of the training budget is spent on mileage and travel time. We've taken advantage of WebJunction and Webinars but are still in discussion stages of Webcasting. I would love to see us going in that direction in the future. I like the ease of using Webinars, you can take the class anywhere at anytime.

I like the instant response time of e-mail and the ability to check for messages from home, vacation, office etc. I usually take the same approach to e-mail as I do to mail, touch it once; deal with it or delete it.

A fellow staff member took an online class on 'Serving Teens In the Library' and shared that I've we're going to keep up with teen service we have to look at text messaging as a form of communication

No comments: