Sunday, March 9, 2008

Thing 10 - Wikis

We created a Wiki for the staff at our branch as a way to communicate important information. Example:
New policies it's important you remember.
Problems with a patron account.
Where you put information for a patron that will be in to pick it up the next day.
We like the idea that you can limit access to just the staff at our facility.

I can see improving on our Wiki by adding favorite books we've read as a form of readers advisory. I loved the Hennepin County Wiki!

I edited the 23 Things Wiki

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Cool! I'm eager to hear how this works for you.

B@RY

Karen said...

I would be very interested to hear more about your staff wiki. I've been thinking about setting one up at our branch, but getting the time and inspiration to create and organize it has been a challenge.